Information Technology Program : About the Program
tCHF seeks to promote information technology education for Secondary School Students in Haiti through partnerships between Haitian and US Universities.
- Develop a skilled technical workforce in Haiti and help foster a culture of innovation.
- Address long-term considerations of sustainability for Haitian youth and young adults through technology education.
- Create new opportunities for employability for Haitians, strengthen local economy, and help young Haitians realize their potential.
Where do we want to be in 5 years?
Use a multisectored business, government and education collaborative effort within Haiti, coupled with support from expatriates and well-wishers from the US to realize a workforce full of technology graduates with programming and network administration skills ready and able to handle projects for local firms and multinationals seeking offshore talent.
Description of the Program to be offered:
IT degree programs prepare students for positions in web application development, networking, security, computer support, user interface design, internet marketing, computer forensics and database server administration.
A stand alone, one-year integrated curriculum of coursework to increase English as Foreign Language (EFL) skills for Haiti post secondary students while concurrently introducing IT technical skills.
Outline of Responsibilities:
Download Program Application Here (PDF : 159KB)
- tCHF in cooperation with local "Colleges" (similar to US High school level) to select students and with US University to review applications to ensure that students who apply for the program meet the minimum grade point average requirements and have sufficient academic preparation for the technology courses.
- tCHF coordinates the review of students' dossiers containing a completed application form and an official transcript at the start of each academic year.
- tCHF work together to select, engage & manage appropriate personnel for the program.
Download the IT Program Brochure (PDF : 282KB)