Education and Enrichment : Donating New Children's Library Books
We appreciate your interest in donating new children's books to the tCHF Library initiative in Les Cayes, Haiti. In addition to French books we are also including a number of English books. The following are some general information for donating new books to tCHF.
New Books. tCHF does not accept used book or outdated donations. Instead of donating used books, we ask that you consider fundraising and donating the proceeds to tCHF to help cover the expenses of shipping and library programs in Les Cayes.
Types of Books. The following types of NEW books are much needed for the library:
Certain materials and subjects are NOT accepted by tCHF, including:o Culturally-sensitive topics (examples include materialism, books about sports cars, single parent families, and other topics that are mainstream in the U.S., but not in Haiti)
- Picture books for young children who can't yet read
- Simple children's storybooks (think Clifford the Big Red Dog or Hop on Pop)
- ABC and 123 books, or anything suitable to teaching young children the English language
- Hardcover books that are thick and durable
- Educational books that are fun - science, geography, math, world history, etc.
- Books not appropriate for young children
- Fiction such as "dime-store" novels, mysteries, romance
- Journals and magazines
- Supplementary materials or single use items such as: lab manuals, study guides, teacher's editions, workbooks, or craft kits
Individuals, Students Teachers, schools and Corporations
If you would like to organize a book drive to collect new children's books that meet the above criteria, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publishers and Bookstores
Publishers and bookstores are great sources for getting books for the tCHF library. For additional information about this program, please email email@example.com join our team in this worthwhile effort.